Roddy Fraser Innkeeper in 1965 and bought the hotel in 1978
1979 his son Douglas and his wife Cathy Fraser took over, they retired in 2020 and still own the hotel
Roddy Fraser, his wife Marion (Bunty) and their four children tookover the lease in November 1965. In 1966 Ardkinglas Estate was split between John Noble and his brother Michael, susequently the Inn was sold to Roddy Fraser in 1878. When Dougie (Douglas) and his wife Cathie finished at Catering College, they then took on the running of the Hotel.
1981 saw the convertion of the stables to a restaurant – new kitchens and link up to the main part of the hotel.
1983 ‘The shell’ above the restaurant (left because of the cost in the 1981 development) finished as an owners flat for Dougie and Cathie and children, Leeanne, Nicola and Jamie.
1989 Hydro Board garages purchased, demolished and house built for the family. Still linked to the Inn. Flat converted to en-suite bedrooms 10, 11, 12.
1994 Old Bothy and outside toilets and beer cellar demolished. New 2 floor extension built incorporating new lounge area, toilets, beer cellar and pool room on ground floor, with 2 de-luxe bedrooms and old bedroom above bar, twin room en suite.